If you have any questions, feedback or updates regarding this track please contact the track manager at the Hobart City Council by phone on 03 6238 2886 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For urgent communications please contact us by phone.
A great family walk or ride close to the Derwent River with plenty of places to stop and explore along the way.
From the Cenotaph the cycleway follows the Derwent River upstream, passing under the Tasman Bridge and close by the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens. Further on, the playground at Cornelian Bay is just a short side trip away and an excellent spot for a snack or picnic. The cycleway then leaves the river edge and soon reaches New Town Rivulet from where keen riders can continue on to MONA and Claremont.
|User groups||Suggested time||Difficulty|
There are many road crossings along the length of the cycleway.
The Intercity Cycleway can be accessed through many locations:
- Hobart – From Mawson Place at Sullivans Cove follow the cycleway that runs alongside Davey Street and the Tasman Highway. At the Cenotaph the Cycleway runs along the railway line next to the Derwent River.
- Tasman Bridge – There are shared paths on both sides of the Tasman Bridge that both connect up with the Cycleway.
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens – The Cycleway can be accessed by the east gate at Pavillion Point, opposite the car park on the Domain Highway.
- Cornelian Bay – The Cycleway crosses Queens Walk and is easily accessible from the Cornelian Bay boathouses.
- Moonah Town Centre – The Cycleway can be accessed off Albert Road, Hopkins Street or the carpark behind the Moonah shops on the eastern side.
- Barossa Creek Path – This joins the Cycleway at the Glenorchy YMCA and provides a link between the Montrose Foreshore Path and the Cycleway.
- Glenorchy Town Centre – Access the Cycleway by the Glenorchy Memorial Pool.
- Berriedale – Access the Cycleway from Berriedale Road.
- Claremont – The Cycleway can be accessed at Box Hill Road, Bilton Street and an extension to the Cadbury chocolate factory.